|Name||No||Yard No||Builder||Laid down||Launched||Comp||Fate|
|Brinio||Rijkswerf Amsterdam||10.1911||12.8.1912||9.1914||scuttled 14.5.1940|
|Friso||Rijkswerf Amsterdam||11.1911||29.8.1912||7.1915||sunk 12.5.1940|
|Gruno||F81||Rijkswerf Amsterdam||2.1912||26.5.1913||7.1915||minesweeper depot ship 5.1944|
|Displacement standard, t||
|Displacement full, t||
|No of shafts||
Brinio: 2 diesels
Friso: 2 Werkspoor diesels
Gruno: 2 MAN / Smit diesels
|Power, h. p.||
|Max speed, kts||
diesel oil 34
|Armour, mm||belt: 55, bulkheads: 55, deck: 17, shields: 50, CT: 50|
4 x 1 - 105/47 Krupp Nr.2, 2 x 1 - 12.7/90
Small shallow-draught gunboats projected for needs of coast defence of mother country: in particular, for support of torpedo boats attacks and protection of minefields. The original project, differing presence of a narrow belt protected approximately 70% of hull length. They received very unreliable diesels that has compelled in further them to change. To the Second World War beginning gunboats were considered become outdated, especially in view of absence of air defence weapons.
Citadel was protected by 55mm belt, closed by 55mm transverse bulkheads at ship ends. 17mm deck was connected with upper edge of the belt. Gun shields had 50mm faces, 20mm sides and 25mm roofs.
1917, Gruno: diesels were replaced by 2 6-cyl 2-stroke Germania (1500hp, 14kts)
1928, Friso: diesels were replaced by 2 6-cyl 4-stroke MAN (1500hp, 14kts)
1932, Brinio: diesels were replaced by 2 6-cyl 2-stroke Sulzer (1500hp, 14kts)
1941, Gruno: + 2 x 1 - 40/39 QF Mk VIII, 2 DCR
Friso 12.5.1940 was damaged by German aircraft and sunk by gunfire of minesweeper Peter Florisz at Stavoren; wreck was raised 15.3.1943 and handed over on demolition. Brinio 12.5.1940 was damaged by German aircraft at Ijmuiden and 14.5.1940 scuttled by crew; wreck was raised by Germans 12.10.1942 and broken up. Gruno in May, 1940 escpaped to UK and laid up into reserve in March, 1942; she was commissioned again 23.11.1942, again laid up 16.5.1944 and up to an exception from fleet list in January, 1950 was used as minesweeping boat depot ship.