|Name||No||Yard No||Builder||Laid down||Launched||Comp||Fate|
|S125, 9.1916- T125||723||Schichau, Elbing||1903||19.5.1904||4.1905||discarded 10.1920|
|Displacement normal, t||
|Displacement full, t||
64.7 oa 64.2 wl
3.17 deep load
|No of shafts||
3 Parsons steam turbines, 3 Marine boilers
|Power, h. p.||
|Max speed, kts||
3 x 1 - 50/37 SK L/40 C/92, 3 x 1 - 450 TT (5)
Apart from the experimental turbine vessel (another was building at the end of the period), these units, classed as large torpedo boats but, despite their lighter guns, really the equivalent of contemporary foreign destroyers, show a large degree of homogeneity. They all shared the 'trade mark' of the torpedo tube placed before the bridge in a well deck between the raised forecastle and the charthouse. All had two funnels. In fact this design was a combination of the best features of the D9 and the D10, of the German torpedo boat traditional design, and of the British destroyer. The result was a sturdy and seaworthy vessel, not as fast as foreign boats, but probably more useful than most.
No significant events.