|Name||No||Yard No||Builder||Laid down||Launched||Comp||Fate|
|D2, 8.1887- D1||324||Schichau, Elbing||1886||19.12.1886||4.1887||yacht 5.1905-8/1914, discarded 8.1921|
|D1, 8.1887- D2||325||Schichau, Elbing||1886||11.9.1886||5.1887||yacht 3.1902-8/1914, discarded 12.1920|
|Displacement normal, t||
|Displacement full, t||
3.40 deep load
|No of shafts||
1 VTE, 2 locomotive boilers
|Power, h. p.||
|Max speed, kts||
6 x 5 - 37/27 RV L/30, 1 - 350 TT (bow), 2 x 1 - 350 TT
These 'division boats', or flotilla leaders, were basically larger versions of the torpedo boats they were intended to lead, with a similar armament and speed, but of a larger size in order to accommodate the extra staff needed. The most interesting design was the last, D9, which had the beginnings of the 'trawler bow', a raised forecastle which did not extend back as far as the bridge.
1893, both: - 6 x 5 - 37/17; + 3 x 1 - 50/37 SK L/40 C/92
1900-1901, both: were reboilered with 2 new locomotive boilers
1909, D2: was reboilered with 2 Marine boilers
D1 and D2 were converted to yachts for the Baltic and North Sea stations respectively, being named Carmen (1905) and Alice Roosevelt (1902). They were converted back for more warlike duties in 1914, and with the others were used for coastal defence patrols or training tasks, being finally discarded in 1920-21.