|Name||No||Yard No||Builder||Laid down||Launched||Comp||Fate|
|Marshal Deodoro (ex-Ypiranga)||F C de la Méditerranée, La Seyne, France||1898||18.6.1898||1900||to Mexico 1924 (Anáhuac)|
|Marshal Floriano||F C de la Méditerranée, La Seyne, France||1899||6.7.1899||1901||discarded 1936|
|Displacement normal, t||
|Displacement full, t||
|No of shafts||
2 VTE, 8 Lagrafel d`Allest boilers
|Power, h. p.||
|Max speed, kts||
Harvey steel; belt: 350 - 150, ends: 100, deck: 45, turrets: 220, casemates: 75, CT: 125
2 x 1 - 234/45 Armstrong D, 4 x 1 - 120/50 Armstrong AA, 6 x 1 - 57/40 6pdr Hotchkiss, 2 - 450 TT (beam)
Typical French-designed coast defence battleships with low freeboard, long superstructures and single-gun main turrets arranged close to ships ends. They were built in France, but armed by British artillery (Armstrong). Ships had thick, but very narrow armored belt tapered to lower edge. Most modern Brazilian capital ships for their time, they completely become outdated to WWI.
Complete 1.68m deep belt was 350mm thick at the top and 150mm at the bottom amidships, tapering to 100mm at the ends, and there was 45mm sloping protective deck.
1912, both: boilers were replaced by 8 Babcock & Wilcox with oil-firing (400t of oil).
No significant events.