|Name||No||Yard No||Builder||Laid down||Launched||Comp||Fate|
|Дубровник [Dubrovnik]||1585||Yarrow, Scotstoun, UK||6/1930||12.10.1931||5/1932||captured by Italy 17.4.1941 (Premuda)|
|Displacement standard, t||
|Displacement full, t||
111.1 pp 113.2 oa
3.58 mean 4.10 max
|No of shafts||
2 sets Parsons geared steam turbines, 3 Yarrow boilers
|Power, h. p.||
|Max speed, kts||
4 x 1 - 140/53 Škoda, 1 x 2 - 83/52 Škoda M.29, 2 x 2 - 40/64 Škoda, 2 x 1 - 40/64 Škoda, 2 x 1 - 15/80, 2 x 3 - 533 TT, 40 mines, 2 DCT, 2 DCR (10)
|Electronic equipment||presumably hydrophone|
Ordering first rather large combat ship, Yugoslavian Navy was guided on newest French leaders and made following demands to design: moderate dimensions, high speed, considerable endurance, especially made a reservation, that armament should be delivered by Škoda: Yugoslavia and Czechoslovakia were included into "Small Antanta" block. As possible builders British and French firms were considered, but French shipbuilders have refused because of their obligatory condition to install French guns. From designs offered by British shipbuilders White and Yarrow, latter has been chosen, contract was concluded 4.8.1929. Three sister-ships were supposed to be built on Yugoslavian wharfs, but for the various reasons it was necessary to refuse it. On set of technical data Dubrovnik was closest to French Contre-Torpilleurs and consequently she was frequently classified as destroyer leader, but structurally corresponded to contemporary British destroyers. All artillery was delivered by Škoda. Main guns were developed on the basis of British 140mm/50 Mk I guns, but differed by increased bore length. It was necessary to refuse fifth guns because of big weight (15t with a shield). The original design, possibly, under influence of construction of Dutch destroyers, provided presence of seaplane platform, but then it have refused in favour of twin 83.5mm/55 AA gun. On Dubrovnik Yarrow boilers with a lateral arrangement of fire chambers and superheaters (20.3atm) for the first time were installed. Main 42000hp Parsons turbine units were supplemented by separate 900hp Curtiss unit for cruising. On six-hour trials ship shown 37.2kts at 48500hp, and in 1934 in Adriatic she made 40.3kts.
17.4.1941 Dubrovnik was captured in Kotor Bay by Italian troops and 25.4.1941 commissioned by Italian Navy as Premuda. 9.9.1943 she was captured by German troops at Genoa and commissioned by Kriegsmarine as TA32. 24.4.1945 she was scuttled at Genoa.
Many thanks to Wolfgang Stöhr for additional information on this page.