|Name||No||Yard No||Builder||Laid down||Launched||Comp||Fate|
|Муравьёв-Амурский [Muravyov-Amurskiy]||893||Schichau, Danzig, Germany||23.9.1913||11.4.1914||14.12.1914 // ---||completed for Germany (Pillau)|
|Адмирал Невельской [Admiral Nevelskoy]||894||Schichau, Danzig, Germany||23.9.1913||21.11.1914||4.9.1915 // ---||completed for Germany (Elbing)|
|Displacement normal, t||
|Displacement full, t||
135.3 oa 134.3 wl
5.98 deep load
|No of shafts||
2 Marine steam turbines, 10 Yarrow boilers
|Power, h. p.||
|Max speed, kts||
coal 620 + oil 580
deck: 80 - 20, slopes: 40, CT: 75, shields: 50
8 x 1 - 130/53, 4 x 1 - 63/36 Obukhov, 5 - 450 TT (1 bow, 4 beam), 150 mines
Authorised under the 1912 Programme for the Far Eastern station, they reflected the Russian view on the light type of protected cruiser, in common use in these waters before the Russo-Japanese War. In all respects they were a reduced version of the Svetlana class being built in home yards at that time. Their silhouettes were standartised with those of the mentioned cruisers and 35kts destroyers. Both ships were requisitioned by the German Government on 5 August 1914 and completed for the Kaiserliche Marine as Elbing and Pillau respectively.
Protective deck (2 steel layers and 1 Krupp steel layer) above machinery had 80mm flat and 40mm slopes, ship ends were protected by 20mm deck with 40mm slopes. CT had 75mm sides and 50mm roof, guns had 50mm shields.
Many thanks to Wolfgang Stöhr for additional information on this page.