|Name||No||Yard No||Builder||Laid down||Launched||Comp||Fate|
|Giuseppe Miraglia (ex-Città di Messina)||// Arsenale di La Spezia||5.3.1921||20.12.1923||1927||submarine depot ship 9.1943|
|Displacement standard, t||
|Displacement full, t||5913|
115.0 pp 121.2 oa
|No of shafts||
2 sets Parsons geared steam turbines, 8 Yarrow boilers
|Power, h. p.||
|Max speed, kts||
4 x 1 - 102/35 Schneider-Armstrong 1914-15, 2 catapults, 20 aircraft (M.5, M.7, M.18, P.6)
Laid down as a passenger steamer Citta di Messina, bought incomplete by the Italian Government for conversion to seaplane tender. Works on conversion were begun 24.1.1925. Amidships large hangar was fitted. Over a hangar on a centre line there were superstructures and two funnels. Fwd and aft from them the hangar roof formed similarity of the flight deck serving for prelaunch maintenance of planes. Launch was effected by two catapults, one in a fore end and second aft. Handling of landed seaplanes was realised by cranes through lateral doors in hangar walls. In total on 20 seaplanes could be based: 4 large and 16 small.
In beginning of war Giuseppe Miraglia was used in a role of training vessel and after September, 1943 as depot ship for Italian submarines at Malta. Stricken finally in 1950.