|Name||No||Yard No||Builder||Laid down||Launched||Comp||Fate|
|海华 [Hai Hoha]||Schichau, Elbing, Germany||1897||1898||1898||captured by Russia 17.6.1900 (Лейтенант Бураков [Leytenant Burakov])|
|海龙 [Hai Lung]||Schichau, Elbing, Germany||1897||1898||1898||captured by United Kingdom 17.6.1900 (Taku)|
|海犀 [Hai Hse]||Schichau, Elbing, Germany||1897||1898||1898||captured by France 17.6.1900 (Takou)|
|海青 [Hai Ying]||Schichau, Elbing, Germany||1897||1898||1898||captured by Germany 17.6.1900 (Taku)|
|Displacement normal, t||
|Displacement full, t||
|No of shafts||
2 VTE, 4 Thornycroft boilers
|Power, h. p.||
|Max speed, kts||
6 x 1 - 47/30 Hotchkiss Mk II, 2 x 1 - 356 TT
These steel-hulled destroyers featured a ram bow, a turtleback forecastle and two raked funnels. The 3pdr QFs were mounted on the broadside abreast the first and second funnels and aft, and the 356mm TT were in trainable centreline mountings fore and aft of the second funnel.
All four vessels were captured at Taku on 17.6.1900 by the International expedition that was relieving the Peking Legations, and one each went in service with the British, French, German and Russian navies, all being renamed Taku (Takou in the case of the French boat). Hai Hoha became Russian Taku (later Leytenant Burakov), Hai Lung became British Taku, Hai Ying became German Taku and Hai Hse French Takou.
© Ivan Gogin, 2014